COVID-19 - BDO NI MESSAGE
13 March 2020
We are all aware of developing issues arising from Coronavirus and Covid-19. We are monitoring the situation closely and are ensuring that we take appropriate measures in accordance with Government advice as the UK enters the delay stage.
Our clear priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, our clients and other stakeholders. We will also continue to do all we can to support and deliver service continuity to our clients.
We would like to share with you some of the measures we have implemented based on current guidance:
1. Our staff will not travel outside of Northern Ireland for business purposes.
2. Our staff have all been briefed on the circumstances when and how, to employ self isolation measures.
3. Meetings will continue both in our offices and at your premises. Hand sanitation and tissues will be readily available at our offices. However, we are encouraging consideration of alternative arrangements to include:
- Telephone conference calls
- Video conferencing
We can provide all of the above options to suit your preference, and of course we are all readily contactable by mobile phone and email.
4. There will obviously be an impact on our events. We are monitoring the situation but know it is likely that any upcoming or traditional events may not proceed. Equally, we may not be in a position to attend events organised externally to our firm and we hope you understand.
5. We are embracing the “elbow bump” as a greeting in place of shaking hands.
We are also embarking on a variety of contingency plans and encouraging staff to work from home. Our measured response is in acknowledgement that everyone will have family, friends or co-workers who fall within higher risk categories and these interventions are therefore necessary. The situation is evolving and we will be prepared to continue to respond to any changes in official advice. Thank you for your continued support in these unprecedented times.
e: [email protected]