Brian is Managing Partner at BDO Northern Ireland. He is an experienced consultant who has gained a wide variety of business recovery, forensic accounting, and corporate finance experience in both the public and private sectors. As a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, Brian has assisted numerous companies and businesses in developing and implementing strategies to overcome trading difficulties. With this experience, he has also been involved in assisting businesses with performance improvement and cost rationalisation initiatives.
Brian is a former Chairman of the Northern Ireland R3 Committeeand his forensic accounting experience includes fraud investigations and civil recovery proceedings, as well as the resolution of commercial disputes. He has been involved in a significant number of public interest assignments, many of which are confidential in nature.
Within the corporate finance field, Brian has considerable experience in finance raising, business and strategic planning and financial reviews. He has also participated in and managed, a range of projects within the management consultancy field, including business and community development initiatives throughout Northern Ireland.
He holds particular expertise in the following areas:
- Turnaround and Business Recovery;
- Business Viability Reviews;
- Court Appointed Receiverships;
- Corporate and Individual Insolvency;
- Forensic Accounting and Financial Investigations;
- Fraud Investigations;
- Funding Applications;
- Strategic/Business Planning;
- Feasibility Studies, Evaluations and Appraisals;
- Audit, Accountancy and Taxation; and
- Programme Management, Training and Counselling.