Shane is a Principal within the BDO Corporate Finance Team and member of the BDO International M&A Group. Shane has specialized in Corporate Finance for the last 14 years having previously qualified as a Chartered Accountant in our Business Assurance & Advisory department.
Shane has built up considerable transactional experience across a range of transactions and sectors including acquisitions, disposals, fundraisings, refinancing and public listing engagements. His role also entails being a strategic advisor to companies, which includes identifying strategic acquisitions to assist growth plans for shareholders/key stakeholders or formalising suitable divestment strategies primarily aimed at maximising returns.
Transactions over the recent time include;
- Eakin Group acquisition of Single Use Surgical;
- Merger of C&H Jefferson and DWF LLP;
- Ulster Carpets acquisition of Roger Oates Ltd;
- Investment of European Healthcare fund into the Allied Healthcare Group;
- Acquisition by Murdock Builders Merchants of FR Cathcart Builders Merchants;
- Merger of Ballyrashane and Town of Monaghan diary co-operatives